We want to ask you to help fund the PMF – and it’s not going to cost you a thing.
The PMF has joined the free money raising site easyfundraising and we are asking you to sign up too.
It works like this:
- You Shop. Use it for any online shopping, personal or business.
- Retailers donate. If the supplier is any of about 4,300 companies, they will make a small donation, usually a percentage of what you spend, to your favoured organisation.
- The PMF receives donations. For free.
- You can help the PMF whenever you buy physical things – food, clothing, tools, diy products, office furniture, IT – and for energy suppliers, travel, accommodation, entertainment.
- For example:
- All your on-line favourites are there – Amazon, eBay, Argos
- Sainsburys online give 50p for existing customers who order over £40, Waitrose 0.50%
- Screwfix give 0.50%. Wickes 0.50%
- John Lewis 2%. M & S 2% on clothing and home
- Booking.com 4%. Trainline 0.25%
- BT Broadband up to £12.50
You can see all the participating suppliers here
There are so many suppliers on the list that it is it pretty much essential to have the Donation Reminder on your PC or the Easyfindraiser app on a mobile or tablet. You can go to a retailer via the Easyfundraising site, and this is how you need to access Amazon, but otherwise the Reminder makes it much easier. A pop up appears, and you just click Get Donation.
We do hope you will feel able to support the PMF in this way.
Each individual donation is small, but if as many members as possible participate it will soon add up.
The PMF has always been free to its members. Unlike other associations, we do not charge for membership, nor is it our intention to do so at the moment.
However, we do have running costs. The Committee members give their time for free, but we do need to fund the website and there are costs associated with being a Community Interest Company (CIC).
Up to now, some of the industry’s major suppliers and organisations have made modest donations to us, but none of them are currently in a position to continue to do so.
The PMF Committee