This page contains:
- links to our NEWSLETTERS which we produce regularly and distribute to our members.
- links to the websites of ORGANISATIONS relevant to Production Management.
- links to TRAINING offered by organisations which we feel will be useful in the professional development of our members, or for anyone wanting to enter the industry.
- links to areas of LEGISLATION relevant to a Production Management in the theatre live entertainment industry.
Click on the name of the organisation to be taken to their website
• IOSH – The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health is the world’s leading professional body for people responsible for safety and health in the workplace.
• SOLT – Society of London Theatre
• ABTT – Association of British Theatre Technicians
• HSE – UK Health and Safety Executive
• Independent Theatre Council the management association for theatre’s independent sector.
• UK Theatre– formerly the Theatre Management Association
Click on the name to be taken to their website
• Performing Arts Technical Training. A guide to technical training courses at UK colleges and universities.
• ABTT: Association of British Theatre Technicians Bronze, Silver and Gold awards and individual courses
• UK Theatre Courses offered by UK Theatre, formerly the Theatre Managers Association
• Total Fabrications: Rigging for the Entertainment Industry
• PLASA National Rigging Certificate, National Event Lifting Certificate, Trainee Rigger Scheme
• SMA: How to work safely with RIF’s and Blank Firing Handguns in Theatre
• HM Revenue and Customs: Free short courses on tax issues, Webinars
• Stage Electrics resources:
• ITC: Safeguarding for the Performing Arts– safeguarding concerns, issues and responsibilities when working with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• College / University level Technical and Production Management
Regulations and Guidance
Click on the Regulation to be taken to the relevant website
Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 – These regulations (often abbreviated to LOLER) place duties on people and companies who own, operate or have control over lifting equipment.
The Pyrotechnic Articles (Safety) Regulations 2015
COSHH is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health
HSE Electrical safety
• The Working Time Regulations (1998) implement the European Working Time Directive into GB law
• Working at Height
• Manual Handling
• PLASA – Safety of Display Lasers