This page contains:
- links to our NEWSLETTERS which we produce regularly and distribute to our members.
- links to the websites of ORGANISATIONS relevant to Production Management.
- links to TRAINING offered by organisations which we feel will be useful in the professional development of our members, or for anyone wanting to enter the industry.
- links to areas of LEGISLATION relevant to a Production Management in the theatre live entertainment industry.
Click on the name of the organisation to be taken to their website
• IOSH – The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health is the world’s leading professional body for people responsible for safety and health in the workplace.
• SOLT – Society of London Theatre
• ABTT – Association of British Theatre Technicians
• HSE – UK Health and Safety Executive
• Independent Theatre Council the management association for theatre’s independent sector.
• UK Theatre– formerly the Theatre Management Association
Click on the name to be taken to their website
• Performing Arts Technical Training. A guide to technical training courses at UK colleges and universities.
• ABTT: Association of British Theatre Technicians Bronze, Silver and Gold awards and individual courses
• UK Theatre Courses offered by UK Theatre, formerly the Theatre Managers Association
• Total Fabrications: Rigging for the Entertainment Industry
• PLASA National Rigging Certificate, National Event Lifting Certificate, Trainee Rigger Scheme
• SMA: How to work safely with RIF’s and Blank Firing Handguns in Theatre
• HM Revenue and Customs: Free short courses on tax issues, Webinars
• Stage Electrics resources:
• ITC: Safeguarding for the Performing Arts– safeguarding concerns, issues and responsibilities when working with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• College / University level Technical and Production Management
Regulations and Guidance
• Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 – These regulations (often abbreviated to LOLER) place duties on people and companies who own, operate or have control over lifting equipment.
• The Pyrotechnic Articles (Safety) Regulations 2015
• COSHH is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health
• HSE Electrical safety
• The Working Time Regulations (1998) implement the European Working Time Directive into GB law
• Working at Height
• Manual Handling
• PLASA – Safety of Display Lasers