South Hill Park is seeking a new Technical Director to lead on all technical requirements for South Hill Park Arts Centre, both on and off site for visiting companies, hires, artists and in-house productions.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the role will contribute to the strategic planning of South Hill Park Arts Centre and Theatre with particular focus on the technical requirements of the venue.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership of the technical department and day to day management and support for the technical team and production staff;
- Ensure the best planning and execution of events and management of productions by working closely with the programming and operations staff, creative teams for in-house productions and incoming companies/artists;
- Provide the best presentation of performances and events including outdoor at South Hill Park Arts Centre and Theatre through the provision of technical services;
- Install, develop and maintain South Hill Park’s technical equipment and maintain the stage-houses and technical control rooms of the presentation spaces;
- Contribute to the technical workload of the Arts Centre.
- Salary £27,000 – £30,000 per annum.
- Normal working hours of 35 hours per week plus lunch breaks. Some evening and weekend work may be required for which time off in lieu will be given.
- Holiday entitlement of 29 days paid annual leave, (including Public and Bank Holidays), increasing to 34 days after five years of continuous service.
- Eligible for enrollment into South Hill Park’s workplace pension scheme.
- Closing Date: 12 noon on Mon 24 Feb 2020.
- Interviews will be held w/c 2 March 2020.
For full job description and details of how to apply, please visit: https://www.southhillpark.org.uk/about/vacancies/