Coventry City of Culture Trust was set up in 2015 to bid to be UK City of Culture in 2021. Now that we have been successful in securing the prestigious title, we are recruiting the team ready to deliver an amazing build-up programme, an ambitious UK City of Culture year in 2021 and legacy. We are a diverse, modern city which is re-imagining the role culture can play in bringing people together. Coventry is a city of welcome, a city of activists and pioneers, a city of peace and reconciliation, a city of innovation and invention, a City of Culture.
We are seeking to employ up to three Production Managers, with appointments starting between January and April 2020. Working in collaboration with Producing teams, these posts will work to support the development and delivery of a vast and exciting array of events and programme from small to large scale, in traditional, outdoor and found locations through 2020 and 2021.
- To work with internal and external teams to provide technical and production support in the research and development of projects.
- Recruit and manage freelance production and technical teams as required.
- Be first point of call and liaison for the Trust with production and technical teams from coproducers and commissioned events.
- Co-ordinate between City Council departments, landowners and event teams in the planning and delivery of 2021 programme.
- Develop and maintain production timelines and schedules in collaboration with Head of Production and Head of Programme.
- Be active in the application and management of Health, Safety and Wellbeing for staff and public alike.
- Work proactively to remove barriers and increase access to the programme and workforce.
- Be a driver in the Trust’s goal for environmental responsibility, ensuring adherence to our green code and sustainability policies.
- Operate as site manager whilst overseeing certain events • Take on a high level of responsibility in the chain of command during live events
- Advertised – Friday 11 October
- Deadline for submissions – 9am Monday 4 November
- Interviews – Wednesday 13 & Thursday 14 November
Salary: £30-£35K Dependent on experience