Position: Production Manager
Rate of Pay: £3000 flat fee, increasing significantly if involved in the full run of the Fringe
Dates: Part time through June & July, on site 26/07 – 03/08. Optional involvement through the rest of the Fringe to 29/08
Underbelly are looking for an experienced Production Manager with a Circus background to work with us on this year’s Circus Hub at the Edinburgh Fringe. Circus Hub has run since 2015 presenting a selection of world class circus including visiting companies of Cirque Alphonse, Ockham’s Razor, Company 2, and Circa, each year pushing the boundaries of what is possible to present at the Fringe. The site consists of two venues (a Big Top and a Spiegeltent) showcasing 5 shows each, with a combined seating capacity of 1050 seats.
We are looking for someone to take on the Technical pre-production role for these two venues, liaising with all the visiting companies to ensure all their technical needs are met. The main duties include:
– Liaising with companies performing in them, and being point of contact for Underbelly regarding all technical questions about these venues
– Collecting and collating all technical requirements for shows
– Making additions to venues and rigs for shows where necessary
– Arranging subhires with companies & compiling recharges
– Preparing paperwork for venue builds and rigs
– Managing company logistics and technical rehearsals
– Ensuring Fire Safety compliance
– Collecting and collating Risk Assessments and Method Statements
– Leading the Production installation of the venues with a team of technicians
– Overseeing Technical Rehearsals
The role also has scope for continued involvement through the run of the Fringe as Site Manager for the right applicant, but this isn’t a necessary condition of employment.
The work is part-time through June and July, and full time for the build and rehearsal period of 26/07 – 04/08.
Applications are via email to James Turner Inman at email@example.com with the Subject of Circus Hub Production Manager. Application deadline is Weds 22/05.
Accommodation and Travel provided
Apply to: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject ‘Circus Production Manager’