Wakey Wakey! Get up to London’s Oldest New Theatre.
The story of Alexandra Palace Theatre is truly unique. Opened in 1875 the Theatre was a place of spectacle and delight where audiences of up to 3,000 were entertained by pantomime, opera, drama and ballet. However it struggled to compete with the might of the West End and the Theatre went on to be used as a cinema, a chapel and the home of music hall stars before a spell as a BBC prop store and workshop. For 80 years it has been closed to the public, a hidden gem perched high above the city. Until now…After extensive restoration work the Theatre opened its doors to the public again in December 2018.
The Technical Manager will plan, schedule and deliver event Technical requirements for events across the site but primarily in the Theatre.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
1. Coordinating with all stakeholders to understand, advise and deliver the technical and production requirements of an event – 30%
2. Where agreed to be present throughout the tenancy to act as the on-site point of contact for any production requirements, ensuring productions are set in accordance with pre-agreed plans and reacting to any late requests – 20%
3. To be a member of the technical team providing dedicated technical service on an event day as required (AV, Lighting, Sound) – 20%
4. To coordinate and manage the Casual Technical team as required for events and productions – 10%
5. To support the Head of Technical and Production in managing, servicing, storing and upkeep of all Alexandra Palace equipment – 10%
6. Act as Duty Manager on nominated events upholding standard operating procedures – 10
• IOSH qualification
• IPAF License
• AutoCAD or similar
• Experience working in a Theatre and / or Venue in a production / technical role
• Experience managing a technical team
• Experience working with producers and artists to stage events, productions or festivals
• Expertise of engineering with sound, light and AV
• Expertise of temporary power supply systems and rigging techniques
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
• Extensive knowledge of all aspects of technical procedures in a multi-purpose venue
• NEBOSH qualification
• Experience of delivering technical aspects of events, productions and festivals within a green field space