Owen Daniels Consultancy are recruiting for 4 Freelance Production Managers for Live Events / Shows. Their client are a Creative Events agency and have recently won a large contract. They require 4+ people ASAP to join the team in the Worcester area. 3 months work initially. Must have 3D and 2D CAD Experience. Day rate of £350 – £450.
Production Manager (Live Events)
• To manage all technical aspects of our live events
• To line manage the team of In House Show Technicians, freelance Technicians and event specific contractors on Live Events
• To ensure an excellent level of service is provided to all of our clients
• To line manage the team of technical staff, directing the work of permanent technicians, daily/hourly paid staff and casual crew on a show by show basis.
• To ensure that adequate and appropriate technical support is provided in advance, during and following events
• To work with the Managing Director and Head of Production and other Production Managers to advance production related information
• To attend site visits and production meetings as required
• To assist in the costing and production of client proposals based on their briefs
• To act as client liaison when necessary and continue to maintain and build client relationships to a high standard
• Assess the technical requirements of future events to ensure compatibility with the venues and to determine potential costs
• To work with other departments to determine requirements for events and to maximise income from these events
• To maintain high standards of production for all events
• To coordinate Lighting, Sound, Video, Set and Staging, electrical infrastructure, communications and any other technical equipment necessary for events
• To ensure budgetary targets are met through the proactive management of staffing levels on an event by event basis.
• Minimise costs, where possible, whilst maintaining high standards of production values, health and safety and client satisfaction
• To lead, motivate, support and direct staff for whom you are responsible and ensure all staff are aware of and are working in accordance with current company policy and procedures and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
• Working in conjunction with our Health and Safety Manager, ensure that departmental and event related activities are risk assessed
• To work to a budget set by the client and ensure that all financial matters are managed in accordance with company policy and procedures and that departmental recharges are recorded accurately.
• Manage all areas of the budget reporting back to relevant manager in charge of event when necessary
• Complete reconciliation for every event spend including petty cash, credit cards, fuel expenses, overtime and weekend pay
• To attend weekly Sales and Ops Meetings and team meetings as required
• To ensure that events are run in line with regulations pertaining to the Premises Licence.
• To liaise with licensing, safety and emergency services officials as required.
• To obtain special permissions where required (pyro’s, lasers, radio mic licenses etc)
• To promote and comply with the company’s policy on equal opportunities both in delivery of services and treatment of others
• Sourcing and Managing suppliers
• Research of new technologies on the market to be incorporated into Live projects
• As and when needed to rig, de-rig and operate equipment during events
• Any other duties as may be reasonably required
• This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
• Proven leadership and management skills, with experience of staff and crew management
• Knowledge of the production process and resource/timescales needed to realise production requirements
• Excellent all round communication skills with good literary and numeracy
• Experience of professional stage machinery/ electrics/sound/lighting communications and audio visual techniques.
• Proven ability to co-ordinate production aspects of live events effectively
• Knowledge of Health and Safety and Licensing Regulations
• Self-motivated and able to work under their own initiative, with an enthusiastic and flexible approach to their work
• Proven ability to deliver a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
• The ability to inspire confidence in those they work with
• Ability to read/ interpret and create CAD drawings
• Budgeting and financial skills.
• Flexible approach to working hours
• Resourcefulness and ability to problem solve and trouble shoot
• Current driving licence
• Able to travel throughout the UK and overseas
• Experience of Vector Works or AutoCAD software
• Experience of designing and drawing in both 2D and 3D for Live Events and Experiential
To apply, please contact Amber Allinson-Epps at Owen Caniels Consulting Amber@OwenDaniels.co.uk