£26,000 per year
Closing Date 28/01/19
Details & Requirements
· Technical contribution as required (stage, electrics, projection and/or sound) to planning and/or production meetings, get-ins, fit-ups, rehearsals, performances and get-outs.
· Responsible for receiving and agreeing risk assessments for incoming shows.
· Responsible for the timely completion of the technical team rota including casual staff, ensuring they are accurate, costed, and consider all operational factors.
· As required by the Buildings & Technical Manager, supervision of the work of full time and casual technical staff.
· Participation in the recruitment of Technical staff, induction and management of new technical staff and assistance with the management of the department in any necessary personnel matters where appropriate.
· To manage in-house maintenance of the Beck Theatre building plant and equipment, liaising with all departments and the Building & Technical Manager to assess works required.
· Maintenance of stage, lighting, sound and other equipment as required.
· Ensuring that all in-house weekly and periodic tests and inspections are completed and accurate records are kept.
· Responsible for conducting bi-weekly housekeeping checks and reporting findings that require remedial action to the Building & Technical Manager.
· To be a designated key holder and to undertake and ensure the safety and security of the building at all times. This will include attending to alarm call outs as required.
· Support of the Buildings & Technical Manager in the development and implementation of new ways of working, so as to better achieve Beck Theatre and HQ Theatres’ business and services objectives and targets.
· Ensure all company riders are received and processed, guaranteeing visiting companies technical requirements are in place before their arrival.
· Any other related duties as may from time to time be reasonably required by the Buildings & Technical Manager.
· Proven excellent track-record for quality technical support of theatrical productions and related events
· Proven excellent track record of adherence to Health and Safety at Work regulations and procedures
· Good record of co-operation, communication, contribution and initiative as a member of a technical team in a theatre or entertainment environment
· Good knowledge and experience of maintaining and repairing equipment
· Good knowledge and experience of general building maintenance
· Proactive and positive attitude
· Ability to respond to varying workload and to manage tasks and time efficiently
· Proven excellent track-record of staff line management DESIRABLE
· Current First Aid qualification
· Current PAT Testing qualification
· Current Tallescope Training
· Accredited Health & Safety training courses
· Experience of cinema projection
· Experience of set design, construction and prop making
· Clean driving licence
To apply please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org